Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Marc Jacobs to do Plus sizes?

















As most of your already know this blog is a place for fashionistas of ALL sizes so naturally news that a straight size designer brand may be expanding to what is so affectionately being called "above average" is definitely news worthy to me! Thanks to Madison Plus the world found out that Marc Jacobs may be expanding (no pun intended) his line to include plus sizes. I know I for one would love the option to buy Marc Jacobs even if it is a little outside of my price range.

I do feel the need to be honest here... while I covet many fashion lines I have to admit I know very little about Marc Jacobs. If I really think about it.. the most I really knew about Marc Jacobs was that he had some very functional, stylish and popular handbags. I mean why would I know much more then that? As a full figured woman his clothes were never an option for me. So, in light of this recent news, I took the liberty to really take a look at his line and let me tell you, I am sooooo excited now!!! Here are some of the pieces I would love to see in "plus size" and would definitely save up for if I was given the option...

I love the military styling and overall structure of this coat. It would be so refreshing to find a coat that actually has some cool embellishments and styling for curvy women.

I am a sucker for a well fitted feminine dress. If the fit was right I would definitely buy this!


Link to the breaking news:
Marc Jacobs to do Plus?

I am keeping my thoughts positive on this one, but I do have one BIG REQUEST... please, please please DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING about the style! All too often designers change the fabric, structure or embellishments of the clothes once they expand their sizes. Those kinds of changes tend to ruin the look of the clothing and turn off the customer they were trying to attract with the expansion in the first place. Invest in a great fit model and make sure the same quality is available to all of your customers. A formula like that can't fail... at least in my humble opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Nik, I am the same way when it comes to most straight size designers. I am trying to think outside the box and draw fashion inspiration from them. I have to do my homework too on lots of straight fashion designers...because like you (and I'm sure other full figured gals) I only know of the awesome purses and accessories they offer.

    And I couldn't agree more, DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT THE STYLE! That is so important. Many many many designers grab our attention and then lose us with their design once it hits the racks. *le sigh*

    ReplyDelete