Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Janet...



















Simple. Earthy. Beautiful. This is what comes to mind when I think of Janet Jackson's self titled Album "Janet". Yes, there are great memorable songs on that album like the infectious "That's the way love goes" and "If" which had the most imitated dance moves at the time, but what really made an impression on me was Janet's overall style.

The entire look was so earthy and simple. Her hair was naturally curly and highlighted. Her bronze makeup and beaded choker were perfectly paired the subtle sexiness of her outfits. This may have been the first time I truly admired her style. These are a couple of videos that best display Janet's influential look...






I would love to create photos that have the same overall vibe and style. I've never forgotten this video.



Janet Jackson - Again
Uploaded by liismari. - Watch more music videos, in HD!


So now that you know who one of my style icons is, who is one of yours? I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. At this point in Janet's career, I totally wanted to look like her. Throughout high school, I was always referred to as "Faith Evans" because I followed not really her fashion style, but moreso her hair styles. Everything Faith tried, I had to try. When she went bombshell red, guess who stripped their hair and went bright red? *raises hand*

    ReplyDelete